Capella Hotels and Resorts is an award-winning luxury hotel brand consisting of properties in Singapore, Bangkok, Hanoi, Ubud, Shanghai, Sanya, Maldives with further upcoming expansion. The hotel group was named the 2nd Best Hotel Brand in the World in the Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards 2020. The hotel hosts an exciting itinerary of workshops and activities to experience culture, community and tradition, with a Capella Culturist at service to help craft extraordinary experiences. With its new gifting platform built by Techsembly, guests can gift curated Capella experiences, ranging from signature high tea sets, wellness escapes to cultural tours at their 5-star hotels.
- Develop a unified multi-shopfront boutique to localise a series of experiences tailored to the region.
- Bespoke website design with a content-led strategy, inspiring travellers to dream of destinations and stays at Capella’s resorts before their trip.
- Promote unique experiences and digital gift cards as a new revenue source for the hotel in midst of tourism reopening.
- Improve efficiencies and communications across global teams with a centralized backend system.
- As part of its digital transformation plan and in meeting the needs of tech-savvy travelers, the channel will need to be mobile-friendly for guests to purchase experiences while also for employees to monitor sales on-the-go.
- Digital gift cards Launch digital gift cards and experience vouchers to build additional revenue streams.
- Combined checkout Merge checkouts across several departments, combining stays, F&B, wellness and experiences with consolidated financial reporting.
- Unifying multi-properties Central headquarters has complete control and brand visibility across each property.
- Localized storefronts Each local team has its own storefront and dashboard to tailor specific promotions and offerings to their market.
- Bespoke design Design its website with a focus on aesthetics, aligning with Capella’s dynamic content strategy. Designs are optimized for mobile.
- Top-class customer service A well-trained support service team dedicated to responding to Capella’s inquiries from customers.
- Boosted the sale of digital gift cards and resort credits for its global properties, with staycation packages being best-selling gifting experiences. Additional revenue streams were achieved, with an average order value of USD$500.
- Designed a media-focused website, enabling the group to curate content to inspire guests’ interest and promote its diverse range of cultural experiences.
- Optimized website for mobile, meeting the uprising needs of consumers who are mobile-savvy, with easy access to browse and purchase while still travelling on-the-go.
- Created a dashboard reporting system that allowed employees to monitor sales and streamline backend processes, simplifying reporting to finance.
- Easy to scale. After its initial store launch, Capella was able to launch another storefront in three weeks, empowering the brand to scale at speed, and supporting its quick entry-to-market initiatives. Since onboarding, Techsembly has launched Bangkok, Singapore, Ubud in three weeks, with further rollouts in the plan.
- A Customer Service concierge by Techsembly has also been provided to support global customer queries on monetary gift vouchers and experiences, trained to Capella’s standards.
“They have a ‘never say no’ attitude – everything we have asked they have addressed extremely professionally. Techsembly is very flexible with customizing requirements to our content and strategy. They were very responsive and the end product addresses most of our needs from F&B, spa, and accommodation to backend processes.”
Terence Wu, Corporate Director, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce at Capella Hotel Group